Community Forums > General > Suggestions & New Game Support > Plausible Fix for CS Rating

Plausible Fix for CS Rating

[ViCiouS]TheAussieOne

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 8 April 2013 - 1:46 pm
I'm thinking this would be possible to be implemented with Torm at the helm.

The numerous issues with CS (I won't speak for Rm/Dm) is that people feel ratings are inaccurate and too easy to manipulate through noob bashing or team stacking [example- Estigma reaching 2700 in CBA but slowly beating 1600 noobs and gaining 1 point a game instead of playing someone at a 2.4k level and growing his rating].

You also see teams/clans (primarily in CBA/Hero ladders) where 2k+ people are teaming with 1600 accounts to get those 4 points a match against mediocre level teams ~1700 level.

You see the same things in other ladders where people are bashing a miscellaneous map out against people who have absolutely no idea how the map works.

My proposal is to revolutionize the ELO system. The standard way it works in AOC is that if both players are the same rating [ie 1600] then the winner will gain 16 points in a match and the loser will forfeit 16 points in the same match. If the players are 400 points apart and player A is 2000 rating opposed to player B at 1600 rating, then if Player A wins they receive 1 point, but if they lose they forfeit 32 points and vice-verse for player B.

My thoughts are that if players in 1v1 are separated by 250+ points in difference [ie 1600 vs 1851], then the match becomes unrated. The higher rated a player becomes, the more that player is forced to play versus other higher rated players to improve their rating.

As for team game, in a 4v4 an average is made of all the ratings for each team. Therefore a 2k guy can get his friend to use a fresh 1600 name (who also happens to be a 2k rated player on their other account) to bring that average down and get the 2k player more points for a win than if both players used a 2k nick.

I'm thinking that if players are 300 points a part in Team game, the game becomes unrated (regardless if they are enemy/ally). Same principle as before.

This is the perfect time to implement this sort of change due to the release of AOC HD. The problem with AOC HD is that many players can't support the game without lagging, or find the player skill difference too great and too hard to filter effectively. They hear of Voobly and try it out, only to see noobs have no chance in hell of learning the game without being bashed by point hungry experts exploiting a ladder system. You're realistically going to gain a decent amount of traffic thanks to AOC HD, but I can see you losing a majority even with the decent features and upgrades being implemented.

If you were to pursue this change, I'd imagine a ladder reset for CS would be in order for it to be managed effectively. It's worked well for RM, and I think you're decreasing the lifespan of Dm by not enforcing the same changes there. I don't feel CS merits a separate 1v1/TG system for each ladder, but I think the changes I listed above + ladder reset will be a drastically better system of ELO than the current, and allow for newer players to integrate into Voobly easier and in a more friendly manner.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 EorltheYoung

Posted 8 April 2013 - 1:54 pm
EorltheYoung Approves!
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 8 April 2013 - 1:59 pm
This means i cant team eot in cba ;tears
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [ViCiouS]TheAussieOne

Posted 8 April 2013 - 2:04 pm
If you were to pursue this change, I'd imagine a ladder reset for CS would be in order for it to be managed effectively.

Dw Rick, I added this for you so Drew can play with you ;flowers
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 PIN3

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 8 April 2013 - 2:09 pm
Sounds good. ;good
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 WolfpacK_Ashby

Posted 8 April 2013 - 2:19 pm
in RM all thats needed is to make things 1 acc per palyer.. and all issujes solved
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [ViCiouS]SvoQ

Posted 8 April 2013 - 2:40 pm
;1thumbup
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [I3acI]_Taff

Posted 8 April 2013 - 3:33 pm
For something like this to have any chance of working, we would need to limit players accounts.

Otherwise it's going to create more and more smurfs in my opinion.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 8 April 2013 - 3:38 pm
CS is too far gone now anyway, the current leagues and ladders that taff and vcom have been making are great for competitive play, let the point ****s point ****, theyre always gonna find a way.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [Gx]_Ging_

Posted 8 April 2013 - 3:43 pm
A diferencia de RM y DM el CS tiene un cantidad muy grande de mapas por lo que se hace muy difícil hacer una separación como la realizada en RM 1x1 y RM TG. Sin embargo esa es la única solución que veo para terminar con las criticas.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [ RtB]Yiveh

Posted 8 April 2013 - 4:20 pm
Yeah perfect do this please !
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [_TW]Run_run_run_run

Edited 8 April 2013 - 4:33 pm by [_TW]Run_run_run_run
I generally don t like the speeches of friends marcel, but for once i see that brings something positive. Total agreement!
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 thunderbird

Posted 9 April 2013 - 9:04 am
Agreed.
Also, a maximum ratings restriction should be imposed on players who can play in the new player lobby.
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 9 April 2013 - 9:17 am
At the end you should have added "this will never happen".
लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
 [ViCiouS]TheAussieOne

Posted 9 April 2013 - 9:28 am
I'd definitely agree with you before recently Dan. Perhaps I'll continue agreeing within a month.

लिंक | उत्तर | उद्धरण
[1]234
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 59 posts
फोरम कूदो
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

Most active threads in past week: